Update 1:36 p.m.:
FirstEnergy Spokesperson said power that went out for about 500 customers Monday at 10:30 a.m. was restored to everyone as of 1:36 p.m.
Originally he thought there was a problem with a device on an electrical poll (see below). Durbin said what caused the outage was that there was too much slack in a power line and it was smacking another line in the wind. The problem has been fixed by an employee.
As of 12:33 p.m. Nov. 12, FirstEnergy's power outage map is showing 503 are without power.
First Energy Spokesperson Mark Durbin said the power went out around 10:30 a.m. in the Fox Run, Call Road area of town. He said there was a problem with a device on one of the electrical polls.
He said it probably broke due to normal wear and tear on the device. A FirstEnergy employee is on scene fixing the problem right now, Durbin said at 1 p.m. He expects power to be restored by 2:30 or 3 p.m.
A Stow Patch Facebook follower, who lives by Stow Road, Call Road, Fishcreek road and Independence, said power has been out for about 90 minutes today.
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- Driver Charged in Graham Road Crash
- Man Passes out in Drive-Thru, Drugs and BB Guns: Police Blotter
- Child Taught to Steal, K9 Teased, Man Attempting to Bail Friend Arrested: Best of the Blotter
- Stow to Pay $23K for Sliver of Land for Graham Project
- House for Sale Has Family Room with Vaulted Ceiling, Brick Fireplace