Bow Wow Beach, the city's well-known dog park, will close for the winter on Dec. 2, 2012 at 5 p.m.
The park must close during winter months for safety reasons. When the lake at the heart of Bow Wow Beach freezes, the ice cannot support the weight of dogs or their owners.
"Anything inside the fence is closed," former director of parks and rec Nick Wren previously said. The rest of Silver Springs Park remains open throughout the winter months.
If the lake begins to freeze before Dec. 2, the park will close sooner.
The lake usually begins to thaw around March. Look to Stow Patch in the spring for a reopening announcement.
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- Driver Charged in Graham Road Crash
- Man Passes out in Drive-Thru, Drugs and BB Guns: Police Blotter
- Child Taught to Steal, K9 Teased, Man Attempting to Bail Friend Arrested: Best of the Blotter
- House for Sale Has Family Room with Vaulted Ceiling, Brick Fireplace
- New Industrial Building Planned for Alpha Parkway