An errant Bunsen burner caused a brief scare at Stow-Munroe Falls High School Wednesday.
The Stow Fire Department responded Wednesday evening to a report of an odor of natural gas.
Stow-Munroe Falls Schools spokesperson Jacquie Mazziotta said a Bunsen burner had been left on in a classroom.
"A custodian at the high school noticed an odor, and found the source was a Bunsen burner that was left on in one of the science classrooms," she said. "He turned it off, opened the windows and aired out the room."
Mazziotta said Stow-Munroe Falls Schools Superintedent Russel Jones and principal Chris DiMauro checked out the school Wednesday night to make sure the lead was addressed.
Stow Fire Chief Bill Kalbaugh said the department returned to the school Thursday morning at the request of the resource officer just to make sure everything was OK.
"We were only on the scene a very short time," Kalbaugh said.