FirstMerit Announces Several Branch Closures in Akron Area
On Monday, FirstMerit Bank announced it would close eight branches, including six in the greater Akron area.
As part of a cost-cutting initiative, FirstMerit Bank will close eight branches in August, including six in the Akron area, reports the Akron Beacon Journal.
The FirstMerit in Stow at 3027 Graham Rd. will close Aug. 11 but the location at 3311 Kent Rd. will remain open.
The other banks that will close in the area are:
- Branches in Amherst on Leavitt Road and Willoughby Hills in Wickliffe (Aug. 11).
- Stonegate in Medina at 4191 Pearl Road (Aug. 18).
- Old Mill in Brunswick at 3459 Center Road (Aug. 18).
- Sharon Center at 1310 Sharon-Copley Road (Aug. 18).
- Barberton at 480 W. Tuscarawas Ave., Barberton, (Aug. 25).
- North Hill in Akron at 727 N. Main St. will be converted into a drive-up and ATM location only (Aug. 25).
“We are always evaluating our branch network, opening and closing new locations as needed to reflect changing customer needs and trends, such as migrating to online and mobile banking channels,” said FirstMerit Spokesman Rob Townsend.