Updated 2:36 p.m.
A four-car accident occurred at 11:40 a.m. Tuesday on State Route 8 Southbound near the Second Street exit, according to Cuyahoga Falls police dispatch.
A Kia Sorrento was flipped upside down in the wreck, and Cuyahoga Falls firefighters had to free the driver.
A Cadillac Escalade also sustained heavy front end damage.
Paramedics assisted on scene.
The motorists sustained minor injuries in the crash, police said.
Two lanes are closed near the accident scene. Traffic should be moving again by about 3:26 p.m., according to the Patch Commute map.
Editor's note: Initial reports indicated the accident occurred on State Route 8 Northbound, just south of the Graham Road exit. Those reports were incorrect. The accident occurred on State Route 8 Southbound near the Second Street exit.
See More on Patch
- UPDATE: Graham Road Crash Sends 5 to Hospital
- Note Used to Rob Walmart, Failed Pizza Robbery, Drunk Man Tased: Best of the Blotter
- UPDATE: Police Chief Offers Details of Grisly Crash
- Man Robs Bank With Pen; Burglars Target Frozen Turkeys: Best of the Blotter
- Police: Stow Man Arrested After Pummeling Cuyahoga Falls Resident
Most Popular articles
- Driver Charged in Graham Road Crash
- Man Passes out in Drive-Thru, Drugs and BB Guns: Police Blotter
- House for Sale Has Family Room with Vaulted Ceiling, Brick Fireplace
- Child Taught to Steal, K9 Teased, Man Attempting to Bail Friend Arrested: Best of the Blotter
- New Industrial Building Planned for Alpha Parkway