The "real" Halloween celebration in Stow is on Oct. 27 (Saturday) from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. (Be sure to leave a porch light on if you are handing out candy.)
But, the city is offering another opportunity for kids to score free candy in costume!
On Oct. 26 (Friday) from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m., city officials are inviting the public to bring their children to City Hall. Trick-or-treaters can visit all of the departments on the first and second floor for candy.
The mayor said her department has received numerous calls from those in the community — starting in February just after she took office — about the Halloween date and time.
"I never believed it was true when [former mayor] Karen [Fritschel] told me they'd call that early, but they did!" Drew said.
If the weather forecast for the actual trick-or-treat night looks gloomy, the mayor said coming to city hall would be the perfect opportunity to still get some candy.
"I'm very excited about this event, it's always nice to have children at city hall," she said.
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- Driver Charged in Graham Road Crash
- Man Passes out in Drive-Thru, Drugs and BB Guns: Police Blotter
- Child Taught to Steal, K9 Teased, Man Attempting to Bail Friend Arrested: Best of the Blotter
- Stow to Pay $23K for Sliver of Land for Graham Project
- House for Sale Has Family Room with Vaulted Ceiling, Brick Fireplace