LOOK: Neighbor, Dog Help Alert Owners of Attic Fire on Willowdale
No one was injured in the fire that started in an attic at 1956 Willowdale Dr.
Homeowner Peggy Sykora said the neighbor's dog Duke was a smoke alarm of sorts when a fire started in the attic of her home on Willowdale Drive.
She and her husband, Rick, sons RJ and Phil and daughter Charlotte heard the neighbor, Greg George, banging on the door around 4 p.m. May 12 and yelled to get out of the house. George said he saw the flames when he was coming to get his dog who had gone into the yard next door.
Charlotte, 20, was in the kitchen talking to her mom and didn't know the fire had started until the neighbor alerted them. She said when she came outside there were flames shooting out of the attic.
Firefighters controlled the flames and had to cut a hole in the roof of the home.
A fire captain told Peggy that the fire may have been electrical in the attic. Peggy, who has been in the house for 25 years, said the attic was unused and nothing was stored up there.
Fore more information when it becomes available, check Stow Patch.