How many Google searches are there right now for "Thanksgiving appetizers, Thanksgiving sides" and "when do I defrost my turkey?"
You can find the defrosting information here, but this post was created with the intention of recipe sharing. Have a favorite or go-to recipe for Thanksgiving? Share it with your neighbors!
Here's a spicy snack I make every year that is always a huge hit with my family:
RECIPE: These peppers are easy to make because no actual cooking is involved, they just need to be assembled. Plus, they can be made in advance, which is always a good thing.
- 1 jar of cherry peppers (about 16 peppers) I usually use Bell-View brand. They are hard to find in the grocery store, but DeVitis usually has them stocked.
- ½ pound of Bavarian ham, thinly sliced
- 1 package of mozzarella cheese
- Italian dressing
- Drain the peppers.
- Cut the tops and stems of the peppers off. Discard and remove seeds and inside of pepper with a spoon. (Keep a grocery bag near by for trash, it's my free version of Rachael Ray's garbage bowls .)
- Cut the cheese in cubes in different sizes because the peppers vary in size.
- Slice the ham into long strips.
- Wrap the ham around a piece of cheese and stuff into the pepper in a floret shape.
After all of the peppers are stuffed, put a few dashes of Italian dressing on top and serve. Keep them refrigerated.
Do you have a recipe that you can share with us and the rest your Stow neighbors? PLEASE leave it in the comments section below, and feel free to upload a picture of your recipe in the media gallery by clicking on the "Upload Photos and Videos" buttons above.