Family Adopts Dogs 24 Hours After Video Posted on Patch
Mallorie and Murray are the two new additions to Tammy Costello Denton's family.
Patch sites in the Akron-area have been featuring two pets every weekend that are in need of adoption from One of a Kind Pets in Akron for months now.
Fairlawn-Bath Editor Megan Rozsa said she's heard from employees at One of a Kind Pets that say the added visibility on the site helps get many of these pets homes faster.
But, I wanted to share one particular story where a Stow family started a conversation on the Stow Patch Facebook page and ended up adopting Mallorie and Murray, brother and sister pooches, 24 hours after the story posted.
Here's what I posted Saturday around 2 p.m. and the conversation that followed:
"I seriously did not want to post this video about two pups up for adoption because I want them!! I can handle three dogs right? If you can handle two, check out this inseparable, adorable duo at One of a Kind Pets: http://patch.com/A-vlnL
- Michelle Routh Frigo I am in the same boat. I want them also but I already have one and I think 3 would be rough!
- Laura Zuern-Coon I thought they were awesome too!!!
- Angela Bergmann If only I didn't already have 4 (2 of which were an inseperable pair at the pound). 3 isn't so bad though, honest!
- Tammy Costello Denton I so wish my kids Xavier Denton and Shelby Olive Denton were available - I'd run out there to get them today - we have been looking for a new dog. These 2 are adorable. Shelby & Xavier what do you think?
- Shawn Denton i like 'em hope the kids see this link & respond soon
- Stow Patch this whole stream of conversation is so cool! lemme know if you visit them and bring them home!
- Laura Zuern-Coon Get them get them lol no pressure :)
- Stow Patch yah! get them!!
- Tammy Costello Denton Going after church to meet them. Hope they are still available.
- Stow Patch oh man, how exciting! please let me know how it goes.
- Laura Zuern-Coon Omg I hope they are!!!
- Stow Patch and, if you want me to dogsit them anytime, I'd be happy to! :) they are the cutest pups!
- Laura Zuern-Coon Me too!!! LoL
- Tammy Costello Denton We are adopting them!! Bringing them home today - thank you Amanda for the tip!!
- Stow Patch OMG! that's so great! when you get them take a photo and add it here, please!http://stow.patch.com/picsStow Pics & Clips stow.patch.comShare photos and videos of your community with your neighbors.
- Laura Zuern-Coon SO EXCITING!!!!
- Shelby Olive Denton I am overjoyed. SO happy. They're precious. I'll post some pictures. :)
- Joanie Farmer (who is the One of a Kind Pet employee featured in the video) oh my!!! thank you soooooooooo much for adopting the babies!! PLEASE keep me updated on them, as I do love them tons! Their story is one of countless that I hear/deal with daily, but they really touched my heart! thank you for featuring them, Meagan!!
- Allison Kee-Jensen I love the live "news coverage" here--I was overjoyed when I heard they were going home Sunday! Congrats you guys
Look for more pets available for adoption Saturday and Sunday mornings on Patch.