Police and Fire is one of the most-read sections on Stow Patch each day. But in 2012 there were five stories that took top billing as the most popular stories on the site.
We've rounded them up in one post for you, in case you missed it.
1. Logan Andrew West, 18, of Stow was arrested Aug. 6 and charged with raping a child under the age of 10, Portage County Sheriff officials said. West was indicted on two counts of rape — both first-degree felonies — and if convicted, faces mandatory prison time (which could include a life sentence) and he must register as a sex offender in Ohio. Story here: Stow Man Charged with Raping Girlfriend's 15-Month-Old Baby
2. This isn't a crime story, per se, but it did get a lot of you talking. Stow Patch talked to Det. Tom Gottas, of the police department's narcotics division, who said the biggest hint to knowing if your neighbor is growing marijuana is the smell, but there's some other tips residents should know about as well. Click the story here to see the others: How To Know if Your Neighbor is Growing Marijuana
3. On Jan. 10, a man was in the hospital after "recklessly" driving his car and crashing into a tree on Wexford Boulevard around 2:45 a.m. The man was driving at a high rate of speed, resulting in loss of control of the vehicle, and police suspect he was fleeing officers in the first place. Story here: Man Possibly Fleeing from Police Hospitalized After Crashing Into Tree
4. Two children from Brimfield were molested under the supervision of a Stow caregiver. There aren't many details to this case, as it is still under investigation. Story here: Police: Two Children Molested by Stow Caregiver
5. A 9-year-old Indian Trail student was charged with delinquency by means of assault after punching a classmate on the playground. The boy also threw a tantrum while administrators were waiting for police to arrive. Story here: 9-Year-Old Charged With Assault After Punching Playground Playmate
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- Driver Charged in Graham Road Crash
- Man Passes out in Drive-Thru, Drugs and BB Guns: Police Blotter
- Child Taught to Steal, K9 Teased, Man Attempting to Bail Friend Arrested: Best of the Blotter
- House for Sale Has Family Room with Vaulted Ceiling, Brick Fireplace
- Stow to Pay $23K for Sliver of Land for Graham Project