Stow native Army Ranger Sgt. Craig Warfle earned the military's second-highest award in October, according to the Akron Beacon Journal.
Warfle was honored with the Distinguished Service Cross for his actions in battle in 2010 while in Afghanistan, the ABJ reports. Fewer than 30 soldiers in the county have received this honor since Sept. 11, 2001.
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- Driver Charged in Graham Road Crash
- Man Passes out in Drive-Thru, Drugs and BB Guns: Police Blotter
- House for Sale Has Family Room with Vaulted Ceiling, Brick Fireplace
- Child Taught to Steal, K9 Teased, Man Attempting to Bail Friend Arrested: Best of the Blotter
- New Industrial Building Planned for Alpha Parkway