Former teacher turned jewelry designer Michelle Pajak-Reynolds of Stow is $2,260 away from reaching her financial goal that will get her to New York City's fashion week.
She is raising money through KickStarter.com — a funding platform for creative projects. She needs $5,000 and as of 7:30 p.m. Monday evening, she had 51 backers and $2,740. The project will only be funded if $5,000 is pledged by Friday July 20, 2012 at 3:48 p.m.
Click here to make a contribution. There is a $1 pledge minimum.
"I was overjoyed and cried when I learned that I was going to be a feature designer at New York Fashion Week this fall,” Pajak-Reynolds told Ohio.com. "This is a career-making opportunity and the biggest break a designer could ever ask for. It's also a huge validation for years of hard work."
According to a Fashionably Cleveland story, Pajak-Reynolds started her business in 1999. Her work has been featured in Los Angeles Magazine, LA Brides, Malibu Monthly, and Cleveland Magazine. Some of her pieces were also on display in the La Vida Rose fashion show and Project Ladybug, according to Fashionably Cleveland.
For the entire story, click here.
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- Driver Charged in Graham Road Crash
- Man Passes out in Drive-Thru, Drugs and BB Guns: Police Blotter
- Child Taught to Steal, K9 Teased, Man Attempting to Bail Friend Arrested: Best of the Blotter
- Stow to Pay $23K for Sliver of Land for Graham Project
- House for Sale Has Family Room with Vaulted Ceiling, Brick Fireplace