Video: Stow's 53rd Annual Fourth of July Parade Details
Find out what to expect and who is involved in this year's parade.
Ready for the 53rd Annual Fourth of July Parade!?
The parade kicks off at 10 a.m. from the Stow-Kent Shopping Center and ends at Park Drive.
For more rules and regulations, click here.
Community Information Coordinator Linda Nahrstedt said that one of the things she's looking forward to this year is good weather. Nahrstedt also said that the night before the parade, she and the parade committee checks the route to make sure everything is in order.
"Each year, we do a set up the night before the parade," Nahrstedt said. "I check the route to make sure it is clean, the trash containers are out ... when I drive down that parade route and see that folks have already set out their blankets and chairs in preparation for the next morning, it gives me chills! It makes all the detail work and phone calls worth it."
Nahrstedt expects the turnout to be great, just like previous years.
"The greatest thing about the parade, as opposed to the other community events I organize, is that I don’t have to get people to attend," Nahrstedt said. "They just always show up, year after year! I mean, thousands upon thousands of people! We get a great reception every year. We have streamlined and organized the event as much as possible. Therefore, we receive less complaints afterward from both entrants and attendees."
Listed below are 25 participants in this year's parade. For a list of all 125 participants, click here.
- Acker-Moore Color Guard
- American Legion Post 281 Honor Guard
- Army Jeep From Vietnam War
- Chesty Poller Detachment 269 Marine Corp League
- Cuyahoga Falls Alumni Marching Band
- ETC School of Musical Arts
- Kent State Athletics
- Korean War Veterans Association
- Moms' Club of Stow
- Parade Marshall - Dave Renninger
- Pearl Harbor Survivors
- Shawn Porter
- Silver Lake Village Police Cruiser
- Stars and Stripes Forever
- Stow Historical Society
- Stow Kent Animal Hospital
- Stow Masonic Lodge #768 - Fifty Flags of the US
- Stow Patch
- Stow Police Chief Car
- Stow-Munroe Falls High School and Kimpton Middle School Marching Band
- Stow-Munroe Falls High School Cheerleaders
- Stow-Munroe Falls Public Library
- Stow-Munroe Falls Rotary Club
- Stow-Munroe Falls Teachers and Classified Employees
- Uncle Sam
For photos of the parade, check Stow Patch on July 4 after the event. Also, see a video from the Firecracker Run on the site July 4 as well.