Stow has many businesses that are so generous with their resources and find ways to contribute positively to the community. At any given fundraiser, event or community gathering you will see sponsorships and volunteers from local companies. The business community of Stow is committed to our community and its residents.
One local company that emphasizes its responsibility as a good corporate citizen and community member is Gavin Scott Salon & Spa. The staff members at Gavin Scott regularly volunteer their time and efforts to a wide variety of charities. Gavin Scott also encourages its clientele to become involved the charitable efforts and has a new organization each month that it asks its customers to consider supporting.
Since opening in Stow in 2008, Gavin Scott has donated money and in-kind contributions to more than 15 different area organizations and has no plans to stop its generosity. Here are just a few highlights of Gavin Scott Salon’s commitment to the community:
- Project Homeless Connect-donated free haircuts and socks to homeless men and women 2009, 2010 and 2011
- Stow Relay for Life—participated 2009, 2010 and 2011 and donated services for other participants
- GriefCare Place—participated in the 2010 Grapes and Gourmet Guys fundraiser event
- American Red Cross—donate free haircuts to everyone that donates blood as part of selected blood drives
- Change Bandit for Akron Children’s Hospital—the salon has collected a total of over $3,500 for the hospital
- Children’s Cut-A-Thon to benefit Gino Altieri—Gavin Scott opened its doors on a Sunday to raise money for the medical expenses that Gino’s (a Fishcreek Elementary student) family has incurred.
There are many more worthy charitable causes and organizations that the staff and owners of Gavin Scott regularly support with time, money and tangible donations. I am happy to say that Gavin Scott Salon is one of the many generous members of our local business community. Thank you for everything you do and for reflecting the best of “community” in your business!