Did you hear a loud "boom" in Stow or Kent Sunday evening? You're not the only one.
At 10:30 p.m., Capt. Mark Stone said the Stow Fire Department had not received any calls about a loud sound. He added that the dispatch center received no calls about the incident either.
But — many near the Stow-Kent border still heard it and sirens.
Facebook followers jumped online and posted on the Stow Patch Facebook page about hearing a boom loud enough to disturb their pets and shake their homes.
Maria Lauriano Gabanyic first started the conversation about the sound at 10:11 p.m. Sunday. "Anyone else hear a huge boom about 15 minutes ago??"
Shortly after, asked Facebook users the same question. Within minutes, dozens of people gave feedback:
- Allyson Smolko Burley: "Yep got the dogs all riled up."
- Jennifer A Fleck: "It sounded like it was not far from my house - love near 59/91."
- Kelly Page Wilson: "It was loud over on the Stow Kent border...we are off of Newcomer...maybe we should be checking with Kent people."
- Amy Rice Tyla: "It shook the whole house... I was hoping you would know... Sadly our first thought was a meth lab ... Hopefully that's not the case and whatever it was everyone is OK! Keep us posted please."
- Dan Labbe: "Ohio Edison's site was showing an outage along Stow-Kent border (not anymore). Maybe it was a Transformer."
The sound was heard at Wing Warehouse too.
Click here to read all of the comments on the Stow Patch Facebook page. Many suspected the noise came from Kent because many residents who reported hearing a boom are close to the border.
(Editor's note: If you're a fan of the The Walking Dead and haven't watched the season finale, there is a spoiler in the Facebook feed.)
Continue to check Patch for updates.