Commenting on Stow Patch is sort of bittersweet for me and I'm sure it feels that way to our users/readers too at times.
I really love the engagement and love covering a city that is very involved and passionate about what's happening in their and at — you should all be proud.
I don't (always) mind monitoring comments ... it's my job, but the name calling, attacking and general disregard for our rules is getting a little out of hand.
I want you to know: I hear you.
You love a candidate; you don't love a candidate. You agree with the direction your town is going; you have concerns about where your town is going.
I hear you and I respect the opinions of each and every one of you, but you have to follow the rules.
Here are some highlights from our terms:
• Communities thrive when people care about each other, and as such, Patch expects all of its users to be respectful of others. If you notice any violation of this Acceptable Use Policy or other unacceptable behavior by any user, please report it to email@example.com.
• Use YOUR first and last name: Patch believes in transparency, and we ask that all your registration information be truthful. You may not use any aliases or other means to mask your true identity.
• We understand that everyone has different opinions, but Patch will make the sole determination as to whether Content is acceptable for the Service. (Someone has to be in charge, right?) Without limitation, you agree that you will not post or transmit to other users anything that contains Content that:
- is defamatory, abusive, obscene, profane or offensive;
- infringes or violates another party's intellectual property rights (such as music, videos, photos or other materials for which you do not have written authority from the owner of such materials to post on the Service);
- violates any party’s right of publicity or right of privacy;
- is threatening, harassing or that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- promotes or encourages violence;
- is inaccurate, false or misleading in any way;
- is illegal or promotes any illegal activities;
- promotes illegal or unauthorized copying of another person's copyrighted work or links to them or providing information to circumvent security measures;
- contains “masked” profanity (e.g., F@&#)
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; or
- contains any advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation.
Thank you for visiting Stow Patch and using our services. We want to encourage a good experience on the site.
I look forward to hearing from all of you on our stories! Please as another way to voice your opinion.
... and as always, please feel free to leave your comments below! (just follow the rules!)